Recipe: Appetizing Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF
Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF. locate vegetarian recipes for every occasion, from simple veggie lunch ideas to dinner party inspiration. pick from comforting dishes including vegetarian curries, casseroles and pasta, as skillfully as healthy meat-free mains and salads.
You can cook Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of Polenta.
- Prepare 8 of large tomatoes, halved.
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- You need 600 grams of onions, finely sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 480 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 840 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 250 grams of polenta.
- You need 120 ml of coconut cream.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s of Bean Salad.
- Prepare 400 grams of green beans, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of red chillies, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of parsley, finely chopped.
Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 9 / 240C / 475 and line a baking tray.
- Put the tomatoes cut sides up on the tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Meanwhile, heat the other 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and caramelize the onion – cook the onions gently until softened, then add the sugar and stir occasionally until the onion is very soft and browned.
- Pour the milk and stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Gradually add the polenta and let simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Grease a 22cm springform cake tin.
- Stir the cream and garlic into the polenta mixture and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Turn the oven down to gas 8 / 220C / 450°F.
- Spread the polenta evenly into the cake tin.
- Layer the caramelized onions on top, then the tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before releasing from the tin.
- While cooling, make the bean salad. Simply boil the beans for a few minutes until tender, then drain and toss with the oil, juice, chilli and parsley. Serve hot.
- Cut the polenta into wedges and serve hot with the bean salad.
- Serves 6 – 8.